Voices in Wartime was first screened to a limited national audience on September 11, 2004, and opened in selected theaters in April, 2005.
- Seattle Weekly: "One of the most original war movies ever made. Men die miserably every day for lack of what is found there."
- LA Times: “A strong, riveting film”
- NY Times: “an elegant statement not only about the devastation of war but also about poetry's power to amaze”
- Entertainment Insiders: “Fascinating and extremely literate”
- New York Post: “a fascinating idea” and “a moving documentary”
- TV Guide: “filled with some of the most powerful poetry & shattering images ever to come out of warfare” and “required viewing”