- How would you distinguish the practice of interrogation as both an art and a science? What constitutes the differences?
- How does Kleinman’s belief of interrogation support what occurred in the Fort Hunt approach to military intelligence?
- How does your own belief about working with and housing prisoners differ from or support Kleinman’s belief shared in his statement?
- How would you describe the “Emotional Love of Family Relationship-based Model of working with prisoners as noted in Kleinman’s statement?
- How would you interpret Napoleon’s statement that in war, “the moral is to the physical as three is to one?”
- In his statement Kleinman refers to the “Communist Interrogation Model.” Try and locate more information on this program that attempted to physically and mentally debilitate a prisoner. Report on the interrogation methods employed, and how and when the U.S. has used this method.
- Currently the U.S. is involved in a training program called Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE). Research the program and report on the techniques employed in SERE and your feelings about the program’s effectiveness. Compare your research with what you know of the Fort Hunt Military Intelligence program techniques.
- Kleinman mentions several methods of interrogation: “Pride and Ego Up,” “Rapid Fire,” and “We Know All.” Research these various methods and comment on each.